Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

If I borrowed some money from my retirement IRA and paid it

Customer Question
Hello if I borrowed...
Hello if I borrowed some money from my retirement IRA and paid it back by the end of the year would it still count as income? I'm trying not to get in to a 28% tax bracket but need to borrow enough money that it would bump me up if counted as income
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I want to borrow $45,000 borrowing anymore than $25,000 will put me in a 28% tax bracket from 25%. However I am able to pay $20,000 back before 2018.
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Tax
12/30/2016
Tax Professional: Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 10 months ago
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. Please give me a moment to prepare your response.

If you repay the amount within 60 days it would not be considered a distribution. If it is beyond the 60 days it becomes a taxable distribution.

I hope you found this information to be beneficial. If this answered your question please take a few moments to rate my response. A rating is needed in order for me to receive credit for helping you today. The rating bar is located at the top of the page – ranging from 1 to 5 stars. If you need me to clarify aspect of my response or if there are additional areas of the question that you would like me to consider please let me know. I would be happy to continue the discussion. It has been my pleasure helping you today.

Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor