How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mark Taylor Your Own Question
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 2045
Experience:  Certified Public Accountant
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Mark Taylor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife and I provided care for my older brother in

Customer Question

My wife and I provided care for my older brother in 2016...from April on...can we claim him as dependent? Also, he paid us 200$ we claim this as income?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: He is 62, receives ssa and ssi totally 735 monthly. He is special needs and diabetic. Does not work
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: Not that i can think of...not sure what the questions may be. First time in this role
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 6 months ago.

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. Please give me a moment to prepare your response.