Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Certified Public Accountant
93680669

I wanted to know if there is a statue of limitation for my

Customer Question

I wanted to know if there is a statue of limitation for my 1120 tax form. Irs claims they can't find my 2004 year.
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: Teh IRS says they don't have my 2004 1120. The accountant who file it in the state of Oregon is out of business and never gave me a copy.
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: thats it
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. Please give me a moment to prepare your response.

Normally, there is a 3 year statute of limitations associated with tax returns. The statute would start once the return is filed. If the return has not been filed then the statute would remain open. Do you have a copy of the 2004 return? Was their a tax due on the form?