How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mark Taylor Your Own Question
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 2045
Experience:  Certified Public Accountant
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Mark Taylor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I wanted to know if there is a statue of limitation for my

Customer Question

I wanted to know if there is a statue of limitation for my 1120 tax form. Irs claims they can't find my 2004 year.
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: Teh IRS says they don't have my 2004 1120. The accountant who file it in the state of Oregon is out of business and never gave me a copy.
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: thats it
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. Please give me a moment to prepare your response.

Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 7 months ago.

Normally, there is a 3 year statute of limitations associated with tax returns. The statute would start once the return is filed. If the return has not been filed then the statute would remain open. Do you have a copy of the 2004 return? Was their a tax due on the form?

Related Tax Questions