Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Is their a lending institution in the state of illionis that

Customer Question
is their a lending institution...
is their a lending institution in the state of illionis that would loan money to a person in a chapter 13 bankruptcy
JA: What state are you in? And has anything been officially filed?
Customer: illionis yes 2014 yr filed
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have business not in bankruptcy
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
11/26/2016
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 1 year ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Many lenders will consider granting a loan/mortgage within a year after bankruptcy. Most lenders want to see about a year of on-time payments on various accounts, which may include things like utility bills.

Of course, you will pay a higher interest rate.

The following link contains excellent information you will find helpful:

https://www.gobankingrates.com/personal-finance/slow-steady-personal-loan-strategy-after-bankruptcy/

My best advise would be to contact banks/credit unions in your immediate area and ask if they will grant the loan and what their criteria is.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent