Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

MSRRA requirements for driver's license in domiciliary

Customer Question
MSRRA requirements for driver's license...
MSRRA requirements for driver's license in domiciliary state? and paying state income taxes?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
11/23/2016
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 1 year ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

...

Looks like no one's picking this up... Can you re-state your question?

...

Each state handles MSRRA differently, but the basic requirements to qualify are as follows:

...

• The service member is stationed, in compliance with military orders, in a state that is not his resident state,
  • The nonmilitary spouse is in that state solely to live with the service member, and
  • Both the service member and spouse have the same resident state.

...

You probably already know this but, when the nonmilitary spouse meets the above qualifications, their wages from services performed in that new state will only be taxed in their resident state, not by the state they are currently living in.

...

Can you be a little more specific?

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney