How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barbara Your Own Question
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3804
Experience:  20+ years of experience in tax preparation; 30+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Barbara is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just received an account status notice from the Ca

Customer Question

I just received an account status notice from the Ca Franchise Tax Board for year of 1995. Saying I owed 500.00 and now my balance is 2,800.00
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: This is the first time they have sent me anything. I no longer have my paper work from back than 21 years and I moved out of state in 1998
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Unfortunately, CA is one of the greediest and most aggressive states when it believes it is due taxes. It has become a rogue operation and criminal enterprise.

With that being said, my best advice would be to contact a CPA or Enrolled Agent who can intercede on your behalf with the CA Franchise Tax Board and find out exactly what is/was going on.

Your other alternative would be to contact the CA Taxpayers' Rights Advocate to intercede on your behalf.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,


Expert:  Barbara replied 11 months ago.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can assist you further.

Best regards,