How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barbara Your Own Question
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3277
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Barbara is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I wish not to pay federal income tax. Do not want to support

Customer Question

I wish not to pay federal income tax. Do not want to support or contribute to a Congressional body/President/system for which I did not vote for and for which the majority of voting Americans in this voting cycle did not vote for. Would assume or hope that there would be a way to restructure my finances (transfer assets and income to my offspring) so I can accomplish not supporting this administration.
JA: The accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I’m not sure what the accountant needs to know.
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 7 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Unfortunately, U.S. citizens cannot arbitrarily decide that they do not wish to pay federal income tax for any reason. While I understand that you may not want to support a Congressional body/President/system for which you did not vote, since you are a U.S. citizen, paying taxes is required. Many people before you have objected to paying taxes for a variety of reasons and have LOST that battle.

You can transfer various assets (i.e., real estate, bank accounts, etc.) to your offspring, but they will then be responsible for any taxes that would be due, and you would also be transferring the tax burden to them. You cannot transfer your income to your offspring.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,


Expert:  Barbara replied 7 months ago.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can further assist you.

Best regards,


Related Tax Questions