Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I got a notice that my installment plan is not up to date,

Customer Question
i got a notice that...
i got a notice that my installment plan is not up to date
JA: The accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: Wayne Brackin
JA: Is there anything else the accountant should be aware of?
Customer:###-##-####
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
11/19/2016
Tax Professional: Dr. Fiona Chen, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 1 year ago
Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Dear customer,

Do you mean that you received a notice from the IRS that you have fallen off your payment plan and they have asked you to pay the entire balance?

The suggested action is to call the telephone number on notice and discuss with them about your alternative. Explain why you did not make the payment on time, possibly request another payment plan with less monthly payment amount and have them set you up on another payment plan.

This would be the best first step. You can make inquiry on how you may be able to set the payment plan using direct debit from your bank account so that you will not miss the payment any more.

Please feel free to follow up. The website link below is for your further reference.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/payment-plans-installment-agreements

Regards,

Fiona

Fiona Chen, MPA, Ph.D., CPA, ABV, CFF, CITP

Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen