How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mark Taylor Your Own Question
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 2309
Experience:  Certified Public Accountant
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Mark Taylor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm retired living upstate NY. I'm thinking of buying a

Customer Question

I'm retired living upstate NY. I'm thinking of buying a condo in FL for winter residence. I currently rent in NY. Are there any deductions for a winter place or would I have to make FL my residence to save only on state taxes?
JA: The accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I'm on a disability pension turned 60 in 2016.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 11 months ago.

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. Florida does not have a state tax. It would be beneficial for you to move your tax home to Florida. This means changing your license, voter registration etc.