Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  20+ years of experience in tax preparation; 30+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

Am not sure what category of law this falls under..........I

Customer Question

am not sure what category of law this falls under..........I got insurance thru the health care marketplace in 2014 and 2015....... I filed my taxes for those 2 years late ( 5 months ago)
I got a request from IRS for my 1095 form from the marketplace but when I call the health care marketplace they tell me since I filed my taxes late they have not had the opportunity to reconcile my taxes with the tax subsidy I received from them......IRS says they won't process my taxes without it and the Marketplace tells me they won't have it for months until they are able to reconcile my income with the tax credits I received.
Is there a timeline the healthcare marketplace must have this info by ?
Optional Information:
State/Country relating to question: Arizona
Already Tried:
spoke to an enrolled agent I use..he told me I need to get the form or they won't process (IRS) my returns
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

The Enrolled Agent you spoke to is correct. The IRS will not process your returns/refunds until you include Form 8962 (with information from the 1095) with your tax returns. The deadline for the marketplace to provide Form 1095-A is February 1 of the year following the tax year. For example, the 1095-A for 2014 would have been issued by February 1, 2015 and for 2015 would have been issued by February 1, 2016.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

So I need to escalate this issue when I call the Marketplace back

Expert:  Barbara replied 11 months ago.

That's correct. Ask to speak to a manager when the representative answers. Their "escalation" usually takes 30 days!

Expert:  Barbara replied 11 months ago.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can assist you further.

Best regards,

Barb