Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

How do I get a 147c, I a NYC vendor and my original vendor

Customer Question
How do I get a...
How do I get a 147c
JA: The accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I a NYC vendor and my original vendor number was given under my SS number. I have since opened an LLC with an EIN number and need to transfer my vendor # from my SS# ***** my EIN#. I spoke with NYC and was told I need to fax them an updated W9 form which I have and a 147c letter. I cannot find the 147c letter on line and when calling the business hotline at the IRS I was told I needed to speak with the EIN department and they need to provide me with the 147c letter however when I called the service says they are too busy and no one can help me at this time
JA: Is there anything else important you think the accountant should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
11/15/2016
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 1 year ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

Hi. My name's Lane. I can help here.

...

The Internal Revenue Service does not have an online solution for Form 147c, in order to prevent unauthorized access to taxpayer information found on the form itself.

...

They have to mail or fax it to you. If you kept your IRS Form CP575 then this document will have the exact same information on it, since it was issued to your company when an EIN number was first requested.

...

To contact the IRS for 147c, call 1-***-***-**** on weekdays during normal business hours.

...

The agent will ask some security questions about your business to verify you can get the letter. You could be asked the name and address of the business, the type of business income tax form you file, your name, and your position with the company.

Please let me know if you have ANY questions at ALL, before rating me.

...

If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating using the Stars on our screen (and clicking submit).

Otherwise I'm not compensated for the time here.

...

Thanks!

Lane

... I have a law degree, with electives in Tax Law, Estate law, Corporate law, and business planning … an MBA, with specialization in finance a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986.

Lane
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS