How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mark Taylor Your Own Question
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 2309
Experience:  Certified Public Accountant
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Mark Taylor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Unknowing failure to file us1040 since regaining Canadian

Customer Question

Unknowing failure to file us1040 since regaining Canadian citizenship!I do pay tax in canada
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 11 months ago.

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. Can you tell me a little more about your situation.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
born in Alberta received green card in1950. Married and subsequently applied for and received American citizenship around 1962 1963.unfortunately divorced in 1968.for family reasons returned to Canada in 1975.due to work requirements I regained Canadian citizenship in 1979 continued to work full-time till I retired in 1993. Continued. To work part-time for another ten years.As I had worked in USA for twenty five years I applied for and received social security benefits
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 11 months ago.

When did you stop filing in the US? Do you have Canadian accounts with more than $10,000 in them?