How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barbara Your Own Question
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3590
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Barbara is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is this free? how much, received a certified letter from the

Customer Question

is this free?
JA: The accountant's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: how much
JA: The accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: received a certified letter from the IRS but of course they are closed now and tomorrow and I am just trying to see what this might be for just feeling scared
JA: Is there anything else the accountant should be aware of?
Customer: no I do think that I messed up and didn't report a $1500 distribution from mmy retirement and was wondering if this is why I might be getting a certified letter just nervous I am not a bad person just thought I did it in 2016 and then when I looked back it was decemeber of 2015 so I just am wondering do they send a certified letter in that case possibly
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

You are probably correct. If you did not report a $1500 distribution from your retirement plan, the IRS letter will include that information as well as the additional amount of tax that you owe.

You do not have to be nervous about this letter.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,