How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15328
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received a notice that my address has been changed. Do I

Customer Question

I received a notice that my address has been changed. Do I have to call the IRS to change it to my correct address.
JA: The accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: 74-1700440 (Mustang Investment Corp.) is my Employer # and #74-1552339 (Island Management Corp.) also, I have two different notices that my address has been changed I need to make sure that y'all have my right address which is 919 N. Fulton Beach Rd, Rockport, TX 78382
JA: Is there anything else important you think the accountant should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 8 months ago.

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

Expert:  Robin D. replied 8 months ago.

When the IRS changes a business address in their records, they send a CP 148B to the old address.

They issue a notice of confirmation of an address change to both the former and new address.

If the address change is correct, you don’t need to do anything.

If the address change is not correct, return the notice to them with a completed Form 8822-B, Change of Address or Responsible Party - Business.

They usually update an address when they receive:

Form 8822-B

Employment tax return with an address different from what's on our records.

Any address variation from the address of record for the business entity, e.g. interchanging "Street" for "St."