Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

1120 - Dividends to shareholders Is it treated as a non

Customer Question
1120 - Dividends to shareholders Is...
1120 - Dividends to shareholders
Is it treated as a non expense?......................I just want to double check.
Where in 1120 should I reported it.
Do I have to issue a 1099-Div
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
11/9/2016
Tax Professional: Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert replied 1 year ago
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

Dividends are not an expense of the Corporation.

Yes you have to issue 1099-DIV for those dividends.

Dividends are reported on Schedule M-2 Line 5(a). (5 Distributions: a Cash)

Lidia:

Just checking in..............

I see that you have had a chance to see my response.

Do you have any follow-up questions?

If not, I would appreciate it if you would take a moment to rate my response as that is the only way that I will receive my share of the payment you already made to the site. There is no extra charge for providing a rating for me.

Thanks very much,

Stephen G.
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert