Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I want to start my own bookeeping, tax and accounting

Customer Question
business, where can I find...
I want to start my own bookeeping, tax and accounting business, where can I find good information on startup costs and what I need to do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
11/7/2016
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 1 year ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Depending on whether you will rent an office or work out of your home office, the startup costs will vary, but will be minimal.

The following links contain information you will find helpful:

https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/65680

http://www.businessknowhow.com/businessideas/bookkeeping.htm

http://www.aipb.org/newsletter/bookkeeping_tips/starting_your_own_bookkeeping_business.html

Once you have reviewed the above information, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you may have, and I will be happy to help you. I have my own tax prep/resolution business and will be able to answer any other questions you may have.

Best regards,

Barb

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
With the market full of bookkeepers and other services - what do you do to stand out and is there some kind of niche market to target?

I pursue every avenue/method to generate business. There are quite a few freelance websites that I am registered for.

I am also an IRS Enrolled Agent which has presented many opportunities for me.

Get some business cards printed. Contact existing businesses who may refer overflow work to you.

I made you the offer of a phone call. If you would like to discuss this in greater detail, I would be happy to do so.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When are you available? Primarily want to know what type of technology you use ? Platform pc vs Mac and servers etc..

Once you accept my offer, I am available now.

I am also available tomorrow morning. I am located in the Eastern Time Zone.

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent