How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask emc011075 Your Own Question
emc011075, Tax adviser
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 2928
Experience:  IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
emc011075 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I get a copy of my tax ID certifiate, I need the

Customer Question

How can I get a copy of my tax ID certifiate
JA: The accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I need the certificate to attach to a application I am filling out and can not find the orginial,
JA: Is there anything else important you think the accountant should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 7 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Tax ID has several forms. What tax ID you mean? EIN (for business), ITIN (for individual) or something else?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Run for businesd
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
EIN for business
Expert:  emc011075 replied 7 months ago.

Ok. You need to call the IRS business line at 1-***-***-**** during normal business hours and request letter 147c. The letter will have the same information as your original CP575.

Expert:  emc011075 replied 7 months ago.

Any questions?

The original CP575 is computer generated when the IRS assign you your EIN and it cannot be re-printed. The 147c is acceptable substitute for CP575, just like the IRS transcript is acceptable substitute for a copy of your original tax return.

I see you offline now. So if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. You find the rating bar on the top of the page – 5 stars. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.

Related Tax Questions