Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

How can I get a copy of my tax ID certifiate, I need the

Customer Question
How can I get a...
How can I get a copy of my tax ID certifiate
JA: The accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I need the certificate to attach to a application I am filling out and can not find the orginial,
JA: Is there anything else important you think the accountant should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
11/5/2016
Tax Professional: emc011075, Tax adviser replied 1 year ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Tax ID has several forms. What tax ID you mean? EIN (for business), ITIN (for individual) or something else?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Run for businesd
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
EIN for business

Ok. You need to call the IRS business line at 1-***-***-**** during normal business hours and request letter 147c. The letter will have the same information as your original CP575.

Any questions?

The original CP575 is computer generated when the IRS assign you your EIN and it cannot be re-printed. The 147c is acceptable substitute for CP575, just like the IRS transcript is acceptable substitute for a copy of your original tax return.

I see you offline now. So if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. You find the rating bar on the top of the page – 5 stars. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.

emc011075
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser