Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

The problem I have been experiencing is where to pay taxes

Customer Question
and how much since I...
The problem I have been experiencing is where to pay taxes and how much since I am responsible for paying my own taxes? The church daycare does not take out taxes so I need info on where to turn.
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to. The accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I get cash money every week and no taxes are removed. I have contacted the IRS and nothing has been sent to me. I sent them a statement that the daycare gave me about my wages for 2015 but did not get any response.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the accountant should know?
Customer: No I don't think so.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
11/5/2016
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 1 year ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Because the church daycare does not withhold taxes, you will need to report your income on Schedule C of your 1040 when you file your tax return. If you have any expenses associated with your work, you can deduct them on Schedule C as well.

You should also be paying quarterly estimated tax payments.

Based on the information you provided, it appears that you are an employee not an independent contractor, and the daycare should be withholding taxes from your earnings.

https://www.irs.gov/uac/schedule-c-form-1040-profit-or-loss-from-business

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can assist you further.

Best regards,

Barb

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent