How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barbara Your Own Question
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3362
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Barbara is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The problem I have been experiencing is where to pay taxes

Customer Question

The problem I have been experiencing is where to pay taxes and how much since I am responsible for paying my own taxes? The church daycare does not take out taxes so I need info on where to turn.
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to. The accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I get cash money every week and no taxes are removed. I have contacted the IRS and nothing has been sent to me. I sent them a statement that the daycare gave me about my wages for 2015 but did not get any response.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the accountant should know?
Customer: No I don't think so.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 8 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Because the church daycare does not withhold taxes, you will need to report your income on Schedule C of your 1040 when you file your tax return. If you have any expenses associated with your work, you can deduct them on Schedule C as well.

You should also be paying quarterly estimated tax payments.

Based on the information you provided, it appears that you are an employee not an independent contractor, and the daycare should be withholding taxes from your earnings.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,


Expert:  Barbara replied 8 months ago.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can assist you further.

Best regards,