Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

We have a 2 year old and a 3 month old. How much are we

Customer Question
allowed to deduct from our...
We have a 2 year old and a 3 month old. How much are we allowed to deduct from our federal taxes for child care expenses?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
11/5/2016
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 1 year ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

If you paid a daycare center, babysitter, summer camp, or other care provider to care for a qualifying child under age 13 or a disabled dependent of any age, you may qualify for a tax credit of up to 35 percent of qualifying expenses of $3,000 for one child or dependent, or up to $6,000 for two or more children or dependents.

https://www.irs.gov/uac/ten-things-to-know-about-the-child-and-dependent-care-credit

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/tax-tips/Family/Deducting-Summer-Camps-and-Daycare-with-the-Child-Tax-Credit/INF22238.html

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can further assist you.

Best regards,

Barb

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent