Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Can I grieve my florida property taxes even though it's my

Customer Question
second home and who can...
Can I grieve my florida property taxes even though it's my second home and who can I contact to do it?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
11/4/2016
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 1 year ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

If you wish to protest or request reassessment of your property for tax purposes, you are encouraged to contact the Property Appraiser's Office to discuss concerns about values and/or exemptions.

If the concerns are not resolved, the property owners have the option of appealing to the Value Adjustment Board.
You would find the process on your county;s Clerk of Court website.

Please let me know if you need clarification. If you do not then a positive 5 star rating is appreciated so I get credit for the response. (look for the STARS or SMILEY FACES)

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4