Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I am saving money to retire in 2019. I want to save in my

Customer Question
work 401k and then use...
I am saving money to retire in 2019. I want to save in my work 401k and then use the money in 2019 in part to buy a house. What is the best savings vehicle to use to minimize my tax liability in 2019? Could I roll over into a self directed IRA once I leave my job and then use distributions in 2019 to put down on a property and fix it up?
JA: The accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I currently have 7700 in my 401k and think I can add 60000 in the next 30 months.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/2/2016
Tax Professional: Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 1 year ago
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your question. Please give me a moment to prepare your response.

Will you be older than 59 1/2 when you start the distributions?

Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor