How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mark Taylor Your Own Question
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 2027
Experience:  Certified Public Accountant
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Mark Taylor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am saving money to retire in 2019. I want to save in my

Customer Question

I am saving money to retire in 2019. I want to save in my work 401k and then use the money in 2019 in part to buy a house. What is the best savings vehicle to use to minimize my tax liability in 2019? Could I roll over into a self directed IRA once I leave my job and then use distributions in 2019 to put down on a property and fix it up?
JA: The accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I currently have 7700 in my 401k and think I can add 60000 in the next 30 months.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 8 months ago.

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your question. Please give me a moment to prepare your response.

Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 8 months ago.

Will you be older than 59 1/2 when you start the distributions?