Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

10 years ago the IRS sent me a letter stating that I'd

Customer Question
receive $1,800.00 per month if...
10 years ago the IRS sent me a letter stating that I'd receive $1,800.00 per month if I were disabled. Last year IRS said that disability amount dropped to $1,650.00 per month. I've been working during all of those 10 years. My question: how & why did the IRS monthly benefit letter amount drop that much ??
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Washington
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is 65 years old the correct age to sign up for Medicare when I'm still working ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
11/1/2016
Tax Professional: emc011075, Tax adviser replied 1 year ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Are you referring to social security? The IRS does not pay any benefits. The IRS collects taxes.

The are many variables that affect your disability benefits but one of the biggest factor are your earnings (not how much have been withheld from your paycheck). If you benefits dropped I would suggest to check with the social security (online, over the phone or by visiting your local office), to make sure that all your earnings had been properly reported.

At 65 you can sign up for Medicare, even if you are still working.

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney