Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

PART-TIME JOB IN ANOTHER STATE. A COUPLE OF DAYS ONLY. WHAT

Customer Question
PART-TIME JOB IN ANOTHER STATE...
PART-TIME JOB IN ANOTHER STATE. A COUPLE OF DAYS ONLY. WHAT IS DEDUCTUIBLE?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: BIG EVENT IN HORSE RACING THIS WEEK. LAS VEGAS NEEDS WORKERS. MUST RENT ROOM ANDEXPENSES. i'M RETIRED FROM THE FIELD.
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: IN THE PAST I HEARD IT WAS HOW FAR FROM HOME IS IT TO QUALIFY. IS THAT TRUE
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
10/31/2016
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 1 year ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

If you are not an employee of the event but are in a self employed situation and you travel from your home to this place for a temporary time (less than 12 months) you can claim your lodging and meals as a deduction.

The fact that you must be to far from home to be expected to commute is the distance but that is in addition to the requirement I mentioned in my first sentence.

Please let me know if you need clarification. If you do not then a positive 5 star rating is appreciated so I get credit for the response. (look for the STARS or SMILEY FACES)

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4