How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 585
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The tax I pay on my rent can I file it with my taxes,

Customer Question

The tax I pay on my rent can I file it with my taxes
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Waikoloa, Hi
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: Contract is for 6 mos., for 1000 with an additional 41.66 for tax
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 8 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

What is the rent for? Your apartment or business property?

The GE (General exercise) tax can be deducted as business expense (small business, rental) it you have to pay the tax to help you generate taxable income (renting a building, office or equipment). If you pay the tax for your personal apartment, it is part of rental expenses and not deductible personal expense unless you choose to deduct sales tax instead of income tax as part of your itemized deduction.

Expert:  emc011075 replied 8 months ago.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?