Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

The tax I pay on my rent can I file it with my taxes,

Customer Question
The tax I pay on...
The tax I pay on my rent can I file it with my taxes
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Waikoloa, Hi
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: Contract is for 6 mos., for 1000 with an additional 41.66 for tax
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
10/30/2016
Tax Professional: emc011075, Tax adviser replied 1 year ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

What is the rent for? Your apartment or business property?

The GE (General exercise) tax can be deducted as business expense (small business, rental) it you have to pay the tax to help you generate taxable income (renting a building, office or equipment). If you pay the tax for your personal apartment, it is part of rental expenses and not deductible personal expense unless you choose to deduct sales tax instead of income tax as part of your itemized deduction.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney