How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15747
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a copy of my 2000 and 2001 tax Returns, There is a

Customer Question

I need a copy of my 2000 and 2001 tax Returns
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: There is a question of whether I received Workers compensation during this period. I am hoping My W-2 form will show that I did not
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: I just got my disability claim approved for a mental health disorder. The process took me three years. As soon as I got my approval Social security Administration starting pounding me with worker's compensation.
Submitted: 12 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 12 months ago.

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

Expert:  Robin D. replied 12 months ago.

Although most income you receive is taxable and must be reported on your federal income tax return, there are some instances when income may not be taxable. Worker's Compensation benefits are not taxable (with a few exceptions) and would most likely not be shown on your tax return.

Amounts you receive as workers' compensation for an occupational sickness or injury are fully exempt from tax if they are paid under a workers' compensation act or a statute in the nature of a workers' compensation act.

The exception is if any retirement plan benefits you receive were based on your age, length of service, or prior contributions to the plan, even if you retired because of an occupational sickness or injury.