How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mark Taylor Your Own Question
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 2045
Experience:  Certified Public Accountant
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Mark Taylor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can i ammend a tax return after i have recived a montly

Customer Question

Can i ammend a tax return after i have recived a montly payment agreement from IRS?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: My tax preparer put false information on my tax returns when he filed them, I was audited by IRS. I owe over 6000 dollars to IRS. Irs refuses to even give me credit for claiming my son, the want every dime back plus penalties interest.
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: The tax preparer put on my retuns that imy girlfriend and also mother of our son that she was my daughter.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 9 months ago.

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. Let me make sure that I understand the situation. You filed a return with a liability of approximately $6,000. You have set up a payment plan with the IRS to pay this balance. On the return you filed you did not claim your son and now you want to amend the return to include your son.