Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I need to protect my commercial property from a tax sale is

Customer Question
there a way to do...
I need to protect my commercial property from a tax sale is there a way to do this thru bankruptcy filing ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
10/25/2016
Tax Professional: PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 1 year ago
PDtax
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi from just answer. I'mCustomer I can assist.

A bankruptcy filing can protect the property through the automatic stay. It stops all collection and sale activity until the court can review the status.

You can stop the sale by filing a bankruptcy petition for the entity that owns the property. Once you get an index number, presentation would stop an auction, tax sale or any adverse collection.

Thanks for asking at just answer. Positive feedback to rate my assistance is appreciated. I'mCustomer

PDtax
PDtax