How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask PDtax Your Own Question
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4474
Experience:  35 years tax experience, including four years at a Big 4 firm.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
PDtax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to protect my commercial property from a tax sale is

Customer Question

I need to protect my commercial property from a tax sale is there a way to do this thru bankruptcy filing ?
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  PDtax replied 8 months ago.

Hi from just answer. I'mCustomer I can assist.

A bankruptcy filing can protect the property through the automatic stay. It stops all collection and sale activity until the court can review the status.

Expert:  PDtax replied 8 months ago.

You can stop the sale by filing a bankruptcy petition for the entity that owns the property. Once you get an index number, presentation would stop an auction, tax sale or any adverse collection.

Thanks for asking at just answer. Positive feedback to rate my assistance is appreciated. I'mCustomer

Related Tax Questions