Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Certified Public Accountant
93680669

The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more,

Customer Question

Hi, My name is Radik
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: Recently I bought house (end of may 2016) and now I revived property tax letter on my address, but pay stubs are on former owners' name. Who owns the tax?
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: no
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions.

You should owe the property taxes from the time you purchased the property. If you look on your closing statement there will usually be an adjustment for unpaid property taxes of the seller. Property taxes are usually paid twice a year.

I hope you found this information to be beneficial. If this answered your question please take a few moments to rate my response. A rating is needed in order for me to receive credit for helping you today. The rating bar is located at the top of the page – ranging from 1 to 5 stars. If you need me to clarify aspect of my response or if there are additional areas of the question that you would like me to consider please let me know. I would be happy to continue the discussion. It has been my pleasure helping you today.