How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barbara Your Own Question
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3363
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Barbara is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a question when they filed the 1031 form if the

This answer was rated:

HI I have a question when they filed the 1031 form if the property is under my name but I incorporate a company after I bought the land the 1031 should be aunder my ssn or EIN of my company,thks

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

If you took title to the property in your name, you would use your SSN.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,


Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the tittle is under my name so the Exchange should be reported on my personal tax on my business tax ?right,thanks

You are correct. On your personal tax return.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know, and I will be happy to assist you further.

Best regards,


Barbara and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Thank you for the positive rating of my answer. It is very much appreciated.

Best regards,


Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Good afternoon I have a question if the land was under my name but one month later I incorporate a company for received the royalties how I can transfer the title to my company or I should reported anyway under my name I kind of confused,Thks

Under your name.