Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I am filling out the" Streamlined Foreign Offshore

Hi, I am filling out the...
I am filling out the " Streamlined Foreign Offshore Procedures" as outline on the IRS website: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/international-taxpayers/u-s-taxpayers-residing-outside-the-united-states
I have a specific question since I am not 100% clear with the instructions.
Should I include all of the delinquent tax returns along with the signed certificate ? Or, should I filed each tax return individually and then attach COPIES of the delinquent tax returns with my certificate?
Here is the sentence that creates the confusion as taken from the instructions:
"attach copies of the statement to each tax return and information return being submitted through these procedures"
I guess I am not sure what the IRS means by copies.
Could you please clarify.
Thanks!
10/19/2016
rakhi.v
rakhi.v, Tax Attorney

Dear Friend,

Hello and welcome. Thank you for providing an opportunity to assist you.

From what I understand from your situation, you will file each tax return individually and then attach the copies of the delinquent tax returns. By copies, I believe, the copies of the information of taxes that you have paid abroad. However, returning to the main part of the question, the returns need to be filed individually.

I am sure this would help.

You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as this is the only way we are compensated for assisting you. Alternatively, you may revert back with a reply if you need further assistance or if I have missed out on any aspect of your question.

Warm Regards,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Thank you friend,

I appreciate your help.

Do you know or are you aware of anyone who has done this process? I just want to be on the safe side since my immigration process depends on that.

I am willing to pay for the extra help on this matter as you offered.

Do you have anyone to ask?

Dear Friend,

Hello and welcome again. Thank you for your follow up question.

This is little bit tricky. It is important that you meet a local attorney for this. To begin with, we are prohibited by terms of our service to recommend any particular person or a firm or a entity to you. Secondly, unless your issues are discussed in great detail with the relevant person, there are greater chances that you end up with a wrong person.

You will need a person with a "domain expertise".

Having said this, I believe the last-mile work will have to be done at your end. I am pointing you to a wonderful resource. Just you need to search by State followed by area / city OR Area of Practice and you will able to view a elaborate listing of attorneys who specialise in their own respective areas of practice.

http://www.lawyers.com/taxation/find-law-firms-by-location/

I am sure this would help.

Warm Regards,

rakhi.v
rakhi.v, Tax Attorney
rakhi.v
rakhi.v
rakhi.v, Tax Attorney