How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 586
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Well, i think i'm going to owe a lot for taxes and need to

Customer Question

well, i think i'm going to owe a lot for taxes and need to start looking into it now,
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: i was laid off in 2015, november. I went to school, only took 2 classes but paid out of pocket and i collected unemployment for 9 months. I just got a job so i just stopped milking my retirement, of which i withdrew $44500 (10% tax penalty), to pay off all my bills that i couldnt afford to pay anymore from being out of work...
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: i also moved out of state, and got married. To an immigrant. We havent started filing the immigration documents yet because i need to start working first. We have gathered all the documents. THere was already been 15% deducted from all my income , retirement and husband will most likely not have a work permit by the end of the year, i have been supporting both of us since he got here, i am 39, he is 40.
Submitted: 12 months ago.
Category: Tax
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Also, can he get a Tax ID number so we can file taxes jointly?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
he has been here for half the year, i've also been paying my student loans (and at last $2500 in interest)
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
basically i am worried i will owe $20K in taxes, but if i could wittle it down to $4k I would be ok with that
Expert:  PDtax replied 12 months ago.

Hi from just answer. I'mCustomer I can assist.

I think you need a more private, detailed service than this site offers. I can make an Offer of Premium Service to assist privately.

Please review my offer and advise.