How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15723
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My company paid me bonus of 60000. How this amount will be

Customer Question

my company paid me bonus of 60000. How this amount will be taxed.
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I am employee of a textile company. My company has paid me a bonus money of $60000. How shall i file tax for this additional earning.
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: This amount is paid as a bonus by my employer who pay my weekly check.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

That bonus should be added to your wages and shown on your W2 so you would not have to do anything special about reporting.

Your employer is also required to withhold tax so your W2 will have all that information and you report the wages and the taxes withheld as usual.

Please let me know if you need clarification. If you do not then a positive 5 star rating is appreciated so I get credit for the response. (look for the STARS or SMILEY FACES)

Expert:  Robin D. replied 11 months ago.

I wanted to check back and see if you had further questions about that bonus.