Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Received a letter from the irs re my 2014 return claiming I

Customer Question
owe money. It was...
Received a letter from the irs re my 2014 return claiming I owe money. It was prepared by a library service in Sapulpa, Ok. I am out of town and my sister called me about it. The letter has been lost and I don't want to be in jeopardy. What shall I do? My email address is***@******.***. Phone is(###) ###-####
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: I have never underpaid my taxes.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
10/17/2016
Tax Professional: ABC Accounting Group, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 1 year ago
ABC Accounting Group
ABC Accounting Group, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi. Great Question. Sorry to hear. You usually have 45 days to answer the notice. Do not worry about lost letter. What I would do is give the tax department a call at 1(###) ###-#### Do not call today - since today is a deadline for tax return extensions - lines will be very busy.

There are taxpayer assistance locations - you can find one at https://apps.irs.gov/app/officeLocator/index.jsp?_ga=1.258052431.499572470.1475960988

Let me know if you have any questions. Thank you.

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney