How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 585
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm with an NGO registered in Sweden and I need to know what

Customer Question

I'm with an NGO registered in Sweden and I need to know what kind of paperwork I must file to collect donations from the USA. Thank you!
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Tyrone J. Taylor replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I am an Enrolled Agent, authorized to represent taxpayers in front of the IRS.

I believe I need more information from you. If you are seeking to become a registered 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization (which means your NGO is exempt from paying taxes, and donations to your organization by individual US taxpayers are tax-deductible, there is a great deal of paperwork your organization may need to fill out. You will have to form an entity on both the federal and state level. It you are going to be seeking funding from US foundations and other non-profit organizations, the requirement is not as onerous.

So, what level of donations are you looking for?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Largely individuals.

Related Tax Questions