How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lane Your Own Question
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 12705
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just formed a LLC. I have insured My personal vehicle

Customer Question

I just formed a LLC. I have insured My personal vehicle under the new company name. Do I have to retitle the truck to the company name?
JA: Can you tell me what state the LLC is registered in?
Customer: Wyoming
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: On what?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.



Not for any tax or legal reason. becasue the LLC is a tax pass-through, everything will flow to your personal return.


What you MAY run up against, is the insurance company not paying a claim unless you have the truck titles as listed in the insurance contract/policy