Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

My wife works for a time share company, on commission, as a

Customer Question
gifter, called an OPC. She...
my wife works for a time share company, on commission, as a gifter, called an OPC. She gets $75 for each person who signs up to go on a tour, they don't have to buy anything just go on the tour for her to be paid. She dose this by giving gifts, free shows or buffets or slot money sometimes. Sometimes to get them to go she has to give them extra gifts for which she gets charged as over gifting from her paycheck. can the over gifting be taken as a business expense off our taxes, since she never actually gets the money and it shows up on her check as a deduction from her pay as over gifting. would we have to itemize all deductions if it can be deducted or would we be able to use the standard deduction still. So far this year her check shows $6000 in over gifteing, usually $20 off her $75 which she thinks is ok since she gets the tour.
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: when do I get an answer
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/14/2016
Tax Professional: Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 1 year ago
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. Please give me a moment to prepare your response.

If your wife over gifts $20 for a $75 tour she only receives $55. Does she receive a 1099 or a W-2?

Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor