Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I need to get a copy of the SS4 from the IRS, I'm not the

Customer Question
owner, I am the bookkeeper. JA...
I need to get a copy of the SS4 from the IRS, I'm not the owner, I am the bookkeeper.
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: Can you pay your company to get photocopy of the SS4 from two different clients?
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: We do not know the original SS# ***** the applicant's, president and/or member.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
10/13/2016
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 1 year ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

...

If you have misplaced your Form SS-4, the IRS will not provide you with a copy of your application. However, the IRS will help you obtain another copy of your EIN assignment letter or EIN number.

...

And you MAY have to get your client to do this, but here's the process:

...

First, get the EIN from prior corporate tax returns or from bank accounts in the corporation’s name.

...

Next, call the IRS at(###) ###-####between the hours of 7 a.m. and 7 p.m., Monday through Friday. The hours are based on the time zone from which you are calling.

...

Give the Business & Specialty Tax Specialist with the requested identifying information about your corporation. This information will range from your company’s name and business location to the EIN.

...

Next, verify you are an authorized individual to receive this information. Corporate officers are considered authorized individuals by the IRS, so you will need to provide your title or role in the corporation to verify you are an authorized individual. (again, likely NOT your task)

...

Request a copy of the EIN assignment letter from the Business & Specialty Tax Specialist. This will likely be sent to the corporate address on file with the IRS, or you can provide an alternate business fax or mailing address for the corporation.

Lane
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS