Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

One shareholder in a corporation (C-corp) is a Delaware LLC.

Customer Question
The Delaware LLC is in...
One shareholder in a corporation (C-corp) is a Delaware LLC. The Delaware LLC is in "cease good standing" status with the State of Delaware, as it hasn't filed paperwork/taxes with Delaware in well over a year. The Manager of that LLC was another LLC, which LLC is also in "cease good standing" status with the State of Delaware. How should the corporation treat the shares of stock owned by these defunct LLCs? Is there any recourse possible?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
10/13/2016
Tax Professional: Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert replied 1 year ago
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

What type of recourse are you talking about?

As a regular "C" corporation, the problems of shareholders are not normally anything for the corporation to be concerned with. This is really a quite common situation.

Is there some specific problem that the "C" corporation is experiencing as a result of the status of one of it's shareholders?

Perhaps you can post some additional information and I can assist as to how you might deal with any issues this is causing.

Stephen G.
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert