Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience
16356563

I received a 2800C today, it was dated 4 august and just got

Customer Question

I received a 2800C today, it was dated 4 august and just got from my employer with a effective date of 19 Oct, can I appeal the timeliness to figure out how to appeal ?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: My W4 is married, with 0, I have 1 child but claim 0 to take out more taxes. I also receive a military pension and claim 0 as well
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: no I have a tax debt from 2015 making payments on it
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 8 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

2800C is notice to your employer, not to you. A separate notification had been mailed to your last known address as well. You cannot extend the timeline to file your appeal. If you believe that a notice was lost in mail you can try to call the IRS and request extension to appeal, but your employer will have to comply with the timeline, unless otherwise notified by the IRS. If you succeed to convince the IRS, the lock-in will be removed or adjusted.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?