Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

In California i'm fighting for my house under Adverse

Customer Question
Possession and won but I...
in California i'm fighting for my house under Adverse Possession and won but I spent over 10,000 fighting are the fees deductible IRS
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: california
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: we filed in court but not francise tax in ca or fed
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no is consultation free
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
10/11/2016
Tax Professional: emc011075, Tax adviser replied 1 year ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Expenses related to protecting personal assets are not currently deductible. You will add it to the cost basis of the property that it will reduce your capital gains when the property is sold.

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney