How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 586
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My question is related to Farm Co-ops and their taxation. So

Customer Question

my question is related to Farm Co-ops and their taxation.
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: So if a group of farmers want to form a commission whose goal is to encourage farmers to band together when selling their crops for higher prices, educate legislators on farming issues, and instruct farmers on typical farm issues, is this organization a taxable entity or does this fall under the scope of Code Sec. 521(a)
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: What kind of other information would you need?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Rick Martin replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this is Rick. I'm a CPA with 25 years experience. The business you are describing could qualify for 521(a).

Expert:  Rick Martin replied 1 year ago.

Here is a nice report on the topic that isn't too long or technical.