How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 585
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Thanks kindly for your super quick response. Is it better to

Customer Question

Barbara,Thanks kindly for your super quick response.Is it better to have a professional file them for state and federal for 4 years or do the basic forms and submit online myself?I just want to have this resolved quickly.Thanks
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for requesting me.

Give me a moment to type my response.

Expert:  Barbara replied 9 months ago.

The IRS allows electronic filing of tax returns for the current tax year and the two previous tax years. Prior year returns can only be filed electronically by registered tax preparers, and only when the Modernized e-File System is available.

Because you have 4 years of tax returns to file, my best advice would be to save yourself some money and mail them to the IRS and state.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you so very much. I'll get right to it! Really appreciate your concise and quick responses. Have a wonderful day! I've already recommended you as well. :)
Expert:  Barbara replied 9 months ago.

My pleasure.

Please do not rate this answer because you have already rated the first question you posted. This question is a follow-up.

I look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Best regards,