Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Does the IRS receive duplicate copies of my 1099 or W2s or

Customer Question
do they wait to recive...
Does the IRS receive duplicate copies of my 1099 or W2s or do they wait to recive them when I file my taxes for the previous year?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
10/10/2016
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 1 year ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

The IRS receives copies of your W-2 or 1099 from the issuer. For example, in the case of a W-2, from your employer.

When you file your tax return the IRS then "matches" the information it has received to the information on your tax return.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions about this topic. If so, please let me know, and I will be happy to assist you.

Best regards,

Barb

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent