Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

My sister was a beneficiary on my sisters 401k plan and the

Customer Question
firm subtracted 20% from the...
my sister was a beneficiary on my sisters 401k plan and the firm subtracted 20% from the amount due for taxes - will she have to pay any taxes at the end of the year due to this situation? She has not paid taxes for quite some time due to her disability and section 8 status
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Accountant. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason. The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I do not think you understood the question I asked - your last response to me was not clear to me
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
10/5/2016
Tax Professional: Jonathan Tierney, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 1 year ago
Jonathan Tierney
Jonathan Tierney, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

To determine whether she will owe any taxes, I would need to know the amount of the distribution as well as any other income she might have including Social Security benefits.

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney