Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I filed a extension for my 2015 extension. I recently moved

Customer Question
due to the death of...
I filed a extension for my 2015 extension. I recently moved due to the death of my busbaand and I am legally blind. I cannot locate any of my tax documents needed to file. Does the IRS have copies of those that I can get in order to file?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/4/2016
Tax Professional: Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 1 year ago
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. The IRS will have a record of the income that is reported under your Social Security Number. You can request a copy of an income transcript online. https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

You can obtain a copy of your information online.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you I will do that.

I hope you found this information to be beneficial. If this answered your question please take a few moments to rate my response. A rating is needed in order for me to receive credit for helping you today. The rating bar is located at the top of the page – ranging from 1 to 5 stars. If you need me to clarify aspect of my response or if there are additional areas of the question that you would like me to consider please let me know. I would be happy to continue the discussion. It has been my pleasure helping you today.

Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor