How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mark Taylor Your Own Question
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 1835
Experience:  Certified Public Accountant
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Mark Taylor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I filed a extension for my 2015 extension. I recently moved

Customer Question

I filed a extension for my 2015 extension. I recently moved due to the death of my busbaand and I am legally blind. I cannot locate any of my tax documents needed to file. Does the IRS have copies of those that I can get in order to file?
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 8 months ago.

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. The IRS will have a record of the income that is reported under your Social Security Number. You can request a copy of an income transcript online.

Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 8 months ago.

You can obtain a copy of your information online.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you I will do that.
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 8 months ago.

I hope you found this information to be beneficial. If this answered your question please take a few moments to rate my response. A rating is needed in order for me to receive credit for helping you today. The rating bar is located at the top of the page – ranging from 1 to 5 stars. If you need me to clarify aspect of my response or if there are additional areas of the question that you would like me to consider please let me know. I would be happy to continue the discussion. It has been my pleasure helping you today.