How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 586
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mother passed away in May....and I need to find out how

Customer Question

My mother passed away in May....and I need to find out how to get a tax number for a small insurance.
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: The policy is only for $500 and I looked online and the online sites I looked at wanted $129.00 to get it from the IRS. I thought this can't be correct. So I'm asking you.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: I have all the proper paper work from the state of Virginia as an only child and executor of her estate, also my Dad passed away in 1981.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  ABC Accounting Group replied 11 months ago.

Hi. Quick Question - are you looking for her social security number? Thanks.