Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Can you all handling getting someone an import/export

Customer Question
Hello! JA: Hello. How can we...
Hello!
JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: Can you all handling getting someone an import/export license?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I'm in New Jersey
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no not at all I'm trying to import good from another country to here
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so... Just that I'm based in New Jersey and I want to import from South Africa to NJ
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
10/1/2016
Tax Professional: Dr. Fiona Chen, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 1 year ago
Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok

Dear Customer,

We are a Question-Answer service. I will be glad to answer your question.

In the State of New Jersey, to inquire and obtain necessary documentation for an import and/or export business, one needs to contact the following U.S. Government agencies, according to the State's License and Certification Guide.

That is, there is no particular NJ license to permit you for conducting an import/export business.

In general, you want to form a company for the import/expert business. This company and business you need to register with your State, county, and city.

And, contact a forwarding/freight company about how you may be able to retain their services. Usually, the forwarding/freight company will handle all the required procedures from the starting point to the ending point. Therefore, you only need to concentrate on the goods to import/export, the sourcing and marketing, and leave the details to the experts.

It is a lot of details to master in for the procedures; therefore, not only small businesses, even the mid-to-large companies use forwarding companies for the their services. In doing so, we also somehow outsource the liability to them to a certain degree.

You may also want to investigate on how you may sell through website. Then, investigate how you can pass the custom in both countries when individual packages are sent and received in both countries. This aspect, you may also consult with the forwarding company.

It is suggested that you obtain a professional CPA and attorney in the area to consult with you.

Please feel free to follow up. Please continue to read on the information below.

Regards,

Fiona

Fiona Chen, MPA, Ph.D., CPA, ABV, CFF, CITP

https://www.state.nj.us/commerce/CEG_LCI/pdf/liccert.pdf

Import/Export Business

Expert Information: U.S. Department of Commerce at 1-***-***-****

Import Information: U.S. Depart of Customs at 1-***-***-****

Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen