Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Can you help me decide if I am paying too much taxes please

Customer Question
Hi Can you help me decide...
Hi
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/30/2016
Tax Professional: Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 1 year ago
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. To determine if you are paying the correct amount of taxes I would need some additional information. Could you please give me some more information about your situation.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am a new hire and some of my coworkers are receiving higher paychecks even though we have the same salary so I am assuming I am being taxed more

What you are referring to is the amount of taxes that are withheld from your paycheck. This would be determined by how many exemptions that you claimed on the w-4 that you completed.

Your taxes would be determined by your income, less any deductions, less your personal exemption. If the amount of your withholding is greater than the taxes that are due you would receive a refund. It is possible that your coworkers tax situation is different. Perhaps they are married, have children, or are withholding a smaller amount.

Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor