Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I am a retired pastor, living on retirement. Are my housing

Customer Question
I am a retired pastor...
I am a retired pastor, living on retirement. Are my housing expenses still tax deductible?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
9/29/2016
Tax Professional: Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 1 year ago
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. As a pastor you qualified for a housing allowance exclusion. This means that the portion of your wages that were allocated to a housing allowance was excluded from taxes. There isn't a deduction for housing expenses it is just that the allowance for these expenses are not treated as income.

I hope you found this information to be beneficial. If this answered your question please take a few moments to rate my response. A rating is needed in order for me to receive credit for helping you today. The rating bar is located at the top of the page – ranging from 1 to 5 stars. If you need me to clarify aspect of my response or if there are additional areas of the question that you would like me to consider please let me know. I would be happy to continue the discussion. It has been my pleasure helping you today.

Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor