Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I need a copy of my 2003 W-2's, I need to verify that I

Customer Question
I need a copy of...
I need a copy of my 2003 W-2's
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I need to verify that I lived at*****Apt 6, Chula,Vista California 91910 to get the money my had left to me Delores Goodloe. I need the copy for the State Controllers Office in California
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
9/28/2016
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 1 year ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

The IRS can supply copies for the past 6 years so they cannot assist.

The Social Security Administration can give you copies/printouts of your Forms W-2 for any year from 1978 to the present.

When you write to SSA, be sure to include:

• Your Social Security number;
  • The exact name shown on your Social Security card;
  • Any different names shown on your W-2;
  • Your complete mailing address;
  • The year(s) for which you need copies;
  • Your daytime telephone number; and
  • The reason for your request.

Send your request with a check or money order payable to the Social Security Administration (the copy is free if your need is for Social Security purposes only). Please include your Social Security number on the check or money order. You also can pay with a credit card by completing Form-714. Regular credit card rules apply.

Please send your request to:

Social Security Administration
Office of Central Operations
Division of Earnings and Business Services
P.O. Box 33003

https://www.ssa.gov/forms/ssa-714.pdf

The above is a direct link to the form.

Please let me know if you need clarification. If you do not then a positive 5 star rating is appreciated so I get credit for the response. (look for the STARS or SMILEY FACES)

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4